Stuff

I like to talk about stuff. I also like to complain about stuff. So, this is my stuff.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Remember

Today I remember a dear friend I lost four years ago. Manisa would have turned 22 today. Every year I acknowledge her birthday and figure how old she would be. I don't know why. It's like I'm trying to keep her alive. But at some point, this is not going to make any sense anymore. Eventually, she'll have her 40th would-be birthday... but I can only picture a 17 year old face. She has managed to keep her youth while giving up everything else.

She always said she wanted to come back as a cat, living in a home like hers where the cats get spoiled and loved. I hope if she did, she didn't get caught out in this storm we're having. Not that I believe in that stuff.

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, October 25, 2005 11:46:00 AM, Blogger Lynsey Auger said…

    Every year on May 16th, I do the same. I remember my best friend Diana who was killed in a car accident at only 18 years old. This December will be the 10 anniversary of her death. She would be an aunt, as her younger brother and his wife just had a baby girl. So sad...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home