Stuff

I like to talk about stuff. I also like to complain about stuff. So, this is my stuff.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Being Quiet

I have a quiet voice. You may have noticed this. And I bet you have been annoyed by it once or twice. I know how if feels because I get annoyed by really LOUD people.

You might have asked me to speak up. I understand and I try to accomodate. I usually end up yelling because I can't talk any louder. I just can't, okay? I'd actually rather not say anything at all than have to yell. So I might just be like, "nevermind" if it wasn't that important.

And I know sometimes people just gotta pretend they heard what I said and go, "u-huh", I've done it too.

But when it comes to serving my food, please don't pretend you heard what I said. If you're pouring gravy on my turkey and I say, "Can I have some more squash please?" it's not cool when you THOUGHT I asked for gravy on my squash. Do you realize how uncool that is?

Anyway, I was thinking that with the advances in technology, isn't there something I can do about my decibel? Breathing excercises? Surgery? Anything? Anyone? Beuller?

3 Comments:

  • At Friday, October 14, 2005 5:25:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    //gravy on my squash//

    gross.

     
  • At Saturday, October 15, 2005 12:23:00 AM, Blogger Bonnie said…

    I feel exactly the same way... not about gravy on my squash, I don't think that would bother me.
    But I would rather not say anything at all then have to yell it. Not much I have to say is really important enough to have to yell. I don't like the way my voice sounds when it's yelling either. And if I don't find it pleasant I certainly wouldn't think that others would.

     
  • At Sunday, October 16, 2005 11:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep a pin handy at all times. It helps with the volume.
    mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home