Stuff

I like to talk about stuff. I also like to complain about stuff. So, this is my stuff.

Friday, May 06, 2005

Stuff I Notice on My Commute

The roads in Massachusetts are... unique... some would say confusing, or a huge pain in the butt. For instance, during my commute I have to take Route 3 North - 93 South - 95 North. But supposedly it's a straight shot, it's just that 93 South is technically going north at that part (ya-huh! Okay weird).

Also (I've never seen this in Connecticut) they are allowed to ride the breakdown lane during commuting hours. So what happens when someone actually breaks down? And what happens when the road doesn't have room for a breakdown lane for a few hundred feet? When people want to exit, they have to make sure they don't hit anyone in the breakdown lane! When you're getting on the highway, you have to merge with both lanes! It's just ridiculous.

There is a big electric sign, you know the kind, and right now it's sporting this message: "FOR HIGHWAY EMERGENCY CALL 911".
Okay, who doesn't know that already? Huh? I think I learned that when I was four. And we're paying taxes to run this thing, is that really necessary? I think there's signs on payphones that say that. I can't think of anyone who owns a phone who could possibly avoid knowing that. You knew about 911, right?

That's all I have to say about that.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home