Stuff

I like to talk about stuff. I also like to complain about stuff. So, this is my stuff.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Setting the Alarm Clock

I like to know what time it really is. My boyfriend wants to know what time it will be in an hour or so.
What I mean is, Adam likes to set the alarm clock fast so that he wakes up earlier than he would otherwise. He sets it without looking so that he doesn't actually know how fast it is. In theory, he'll look at it in the morning and say, "Woah! I'm going to be late!" and jump out of bed. Later, he finds out he still has a half hour to do nothing. This works for him.

I'd rather have that extra half hour of sleep. That's just me. I don't want to wake up in a hurry, thinking I'm late when I'm really not. I don't want my car clock to be 10 minutes fast, I want to feel the satisfaction of knowing I'm on time. I don't want to do mathematical equations whenever I look at a clock.

Sometimes the clock gets a little out of control, he might think I have set it back to the right time when I hadn't, so he'll push it up even further.

A few weeks ago on a Sunday, we had planned to sleep in a little but wake up around 10:30. The clock was already fast and Adam set the alarm earlier than 10:30 to allow some snooze time. So the alarm goes off at what is really 7:30am. This defeats the purpose of setting it at all!

Good thing he has me, or else he'd think today was tomorrow.

Sorry Adam, if I embarrassed you. : P

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, May 06, 2005 11:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here is a suggestion for Adam...
    Since he likes to do the math with the clock...try turning the unit upside down...that always gets you thinking and encourages the eyelids to close.
    oh....the time that looks the same upside down is, yup, you guessed it...11:11
    course, you are probably asleep by then...
    just making my "point"
    mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home